Please make sure your photo corresponds to the specifications below otherwise your Chinese visa application will be rejected. A standard UK passport photo meets the requirements of the Chinese visa application centres in the UK. Your photos must be professionally printed or taken in a photo booth.
- Dimensions: The paper photo should be 33mm (width) x 48mm (height).
- Facial requirements: The applicant is required to present the frontal view to the camera with the entire head and face clearly visible. The facial expression must be neutral with eyes open, mouth closed and ears visible. There should be no visible distortion of the facial features. There should not be any objects such as hand or toy or another person visible in the photo.
- Eye glasses: are not accepted, please take your photo WITHOUT eye glasses even if there are eye glasses on the photo in your passport. Your photo with eye glasses (even with tiny frame) WILL NOT be accepted.
- Head covering: Hats or other head coverings are only allowed if worn for religious reasons and if they do not obscure any facial features.
- Earrings - STRICTLY NO, please remove your earrings when taking a photo.
- Head size and orientation: The head width should be between 15 mm and 22 mm and the head height, measured from the base of the chin to the crown of the head, should be between 28 mm and 33 mm. The space between the crown and the upper edge of the photo should be between 3 mm and 5 mm. The space between the chin and the bottom edge of the photo should be ≥ 7 mm.
- Photo quality: The photo should have no damage or impurities, no background light or shadow over face. There should not be over- or under- exposure. The face should be centred in the photo with all features clearly visible and natural skin tone.
- Backgrounds and borders: The background of the photo should be white or close to white with no borders around the edge of the image.
- The photo should be recent, taken within 6 months.