You can now visit the following regions of the Russian Federation with a simplified visa procedure, known as an electronic visa:
- Saint Petersburg and its surrounding region (Leningradskaya Oblast);
- Kaliningrad and its surrounding region (Kaliningrad Oblast);
- Far Eastern Federal District,
What is an e-visa
- E-visa is an electronic document allowing a single entry for tourism, business or humanitarian purposes within the specified territory (St. Petersburg, Kaliningrad or Far Eastern Disctrict) of the Russian Federation for a maximum period of 8 days.
- Please note to be able to travel with an e-visa you must arrive directly to your destination from another country, you are not allowed to use any connecting flights in Russia, for example via Moscow.
- Nationals of the following countries are eligible for an e-visa. Please click on the region below to verify if you can travel to Russia with an e-visa:
- UK, USA, Australia, New Zealand, Canada are excluded from the regulations, meaning their nationals must apply for a standard visa to enter Russia.
- E-visas are obtained online at https://evisa.kdmid.ru/en-US
- An e-visa is issued within 4 calendar days, including week-ends and bank holidays.
- There is no need for any invitations, hotel booking confirmations or any other supporting documentation.
- E-visa is issued free of charge.
- Passport - it must be valid for at least 6 months from the date you applied for an e-visa. Your passport must have a blanc page for border crossing stamps.
- Medical insurance valid in Russia for the entire period of stay. Arrange your travel insurance online.
How to apply
You can start your application not earlier than 20 days and no later than 4 days before the intended date of travel to Russia.
The application process is straightforward, you just need to enter your personal details, address, place of work as well as details of your stay in Russia. Make sure you know the hotel name and address where you will be staying.
- Prepare a colour digital photo. The photo must be no more than six months old as of the date of the application. During the application process you will be asked to upload your photo.
- Go to the Russian Consular Department website at https://evisa.kdmid.ru/en-US, choose your nationality, select a region to visit and start a new application.
- Follow the guidance on the website.