Travel Insurance: Holiday & Activity Insurance
Adequate travel insurance is essential for everyone who participates in a Go Russia tour.
We believe that safety and enjoyment are equally important when travelling with Go Russia. So it is one of our terms and conditions of booking that you have adequate travel insurance in place before you travel; cover must include emergency medical expenses, personal accident and repatriation. In addition, we strongly recommend that you include baggage, personal liability and cancellation cover.
It is advisable to take out your travel insurance at the time of booking your trip as cover will commence for pre-departure cancellation from the policy issue date. This will, therefore, provide cover should you have to cancel your trip for an insured reason such as illness or serious accident preventing you from travelling.
Please make sure your policy is valid in the regions / countries you are going to visit: you would require worldwide cover if you are travelling East of the Ural mountains, otherwise European cover will be sufficient.
Go Russia has teamed up with Columbus Direct insurance to offer our travellers a range of excellent policies to choose from. Travel insurance is available to people resident in over 45 countries (including UK and other EU countries, Australia, New Zealand, etc.) with cover for overseas medical, evacuation, baggage and a range of adventure sports and activities. Age limit - 85 years.
COVID COVERColumbus policies include the following cover for coronavirus (COVID-19):
Before you travel
- Cancelling your trip if you fall ill with COVID-19 before you travel, provided you test positive within 14 days of the start of your trip.
- Cancelling your trip if your immediate relative, travelling companion or any person you are intending on staying with falls ill with COVID-19 before you are due to travel, provided they test positive within 14 days of the start of your trip.
- Curtailment if you test positive for COVID-19 at you departure point and are not allowed to go on your trip.
- Missed departure if you show symptoms of COVID-19 at your departure point and miss your flight due to a health check. You would also be covered if you subsequently test negative and incur additional costs to get you to your destination.
- Curtailment if you test positive whilst abroad and are not allowed to continue your trip or are quarantined.
- Emergency medical treatment including getting you home if you fall ill with COVID-19 while travelling.
- Cutting short your trip if a close relative falls ill with COVID-19, provided they had not been diagnosed with COVID-19 at the time of travelling.