Note: this section applies to customers who require visa only service, if you are joining any of our tours please read more about our full assistance with the Russian visa
A visa to the Russian Federation is a document, permitting stay in Russia for a specific period of time. Visa lists entry/exit dates, your name, passport details, and a purpose of travel. Every foreign citizen needs a Russian visa to enter / leave Russia, except nationals of some countries enjoying visa-free regime with Russia
. Please note, that your Russian visa is an exit permit just like it’s an entry permit: if you lose it or stay over your designated departure date, leaving the country could be more troublesome than entering it.
Tourist visa type is a document which allows foreigners to travel to Russia as tourists. Such visas are issued for a maximum of 30 days and cannot be extended. A tourist visa is best when you know exactly where and how long you will be staying without diverting from your planned itinerary. For a tourist visa to Russia, you must have confirmed accommodation
for every night of your stay in the country. We can assist you with the single and double entry tourist visas as well as Russian business visas
RUSSIAN TOURIST VISA PRICES
| Processing Time
|| Double Entry
| 20 working days (standard)
| 3 working days (urgent)
Biometric data is required for Russian visa applications made in the UK. All visa applicants (except for children under 12 years) must go in person to the Russian visa application centre either in London or Edinburgh.
- The original passport with at least 2 blank pages for visas (passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your intended departure from Russia). If you do not already hold a passport or need to renew an existing one, you must allow at least six weeks to obtain one - at busy periods it can take longer than this, so please contact your local passport office before making your holiday booking.
- One copy of the Russian visa application form completed online. Please note that the visa application must be completed with the outmost care! All our customers receive detailed guidance notes how to complete the forms.
- Colour photo 3.5 cm by 4.5 cm taken against a light background (white or off - white). The photo needs to display a full frontal view of the face. The facial image must be sharp and clear. Sunglasses or tinted glasses are not permitted. Head coverings and hats are only acceptable due to religious beliefs, and in this case there shall be a similar photo with a head covering in the applicant's passport. Your photo must be recent, not older than 6 months. Please note, older photos will be returned by the embassy and you will need to resubmit your application.
- If you are not a UK national:
- residence permit (work permit / visa if applicable),
- proof of address (utility bills, copies of bank statements for the last three months), please note that all documents should be recent,
- medical insurance for the citizens of EU countries, Switzerland, Iceland, Norway and China. Arrange insurance online.
- If you are self employed, student or in an early retirement, additionally you will need to provide bank statements for the last three months
The procedure is quick and requires only one visit.
We provide full assistance with the Russian visa including personal care from one of our staff at the Russian visa centre in London. Please read more about Go Russia assistance with the Russian visa
We also provide separate visa services and can arrange for you a Tourist voucher / Invitation.
Please note: you cannot obtain a Russian visa unless you have a voucher and a booking confirmation.
Please note, it is the Russian Embassy who authorises the entry clearance and Go Russia shall not be held responsible nor accept any liability for any actions of government authorities not issuing your visa for any reason whatsoever, nor shall we be held responsible for expense and/or delay arising from or in connection with (a) incomplete application forms or (b) incorrectly or falsely completed application forms or (c) inaccurate or incomplete supporting documentation or (d) rejected visa application form. Please note, visa fees are non-refundable.