Your tour price includes ALL consular and visa processing fees (standard processing). Note – urgent visa applications are subject to a surcharge
Once you book a tour with us and pay your deposit we email you the guidance notes on how to complete the Russian visa application form. You will then need to fill in the required form yourself which is quite straightforward. Our dedicated visa specialists will be happy to provide assistance should you have any questions or difficulties in completing the form (we can also complete it for you for an additional fee). All completed forms are then checked by our visa specialists and our visa department advises if any additional corrections or documents are required. We guarantee your application pack will be fully compliant with the Russian visa requirements and there will be no need to make further corrections at the submission stage and no need to worry that any data could be missing.
UK, USA, GERMANY, FRANCE, SPAIN RESIDENTS - GENERAL INFORMATION
Standard processing of your Russian visa is included in the price of our holidays and we can obtain your visas for you if you live in the UK, USA, Germany, France or Spain. All urgent visa applications are subject to additional costs which will be reconfirmed to you at the time you submit your documents. You post your complete application pack to our office and we make final checks of your paperwork and submit your documents to the Russian consulate. Once the visa is issued, we post your passport back to you.
Note regarding applications made in the UK:
you need to visit the Russian visa centre in London, Manchester or Edinburgh in person to provide your fingerprints (based on reciprocal arrangements between the UK and Russia). Again, there’s no need to worry – we will guide you through the whole process (please see below
RESIDENT IN A DIFFERENT COUNTRY
If you are resident in a different country, we will provide an official tourist voucher for you and you can apply for your visa at the local Russian consulate
in the country of your residence. Following our fair dealing policy we will also deduct the consular fee from your invoice as you will have to pay for your visa yourself.
VISA PROCESSING IN THE UK
Since the end of 2014, biometric data
(scans of your fingers) is required for travellers applying for a Russian tourist visa made in the UK. There is absolutely no need to worry as we will assist you at every step of the visa application process. Please also note, Russian visa fees are always included in the price of holidays with us, unlike many other companies. You will need to visit the visa centre just once
. This is not an interview with a consular officer, just a technical procedure.
You can submit your visa application and provide biometrics in London, Manchester or Edinburgh. Please note, our specialists can assist you on the day of submission only at the London visa centre. If you apply in Manchester or Edinburgh, we will deduct the consular fees from your invoice.
Submission in London
On the day of your appointment, our visa specialist meets you at the Russian visa centre in London
. You will be accompanied to the visa centre, get your fingers scanned and submit your visa application. If any changes in the visa form are still required, our specialist will do all the required amendments and print the form right there at the visa centre. We pay the Russian visa fees and collect your passport once the visa is ready. Please note our processing times
. We post your passport to you or you can collect it from our office in West London.
Submission in Manchester or Edinburgh
There is no need to book an appointment at the visa centre either in Manchester
. You come to the visa centre during their working hours, submit your verified application, get your fingers scanned and pay the consular fee. Once the visa is ready (the collection date will be specified in the receipt, or can be tracked online on the visa application centre website), you will be able to collect your passport or have it returned to you by post for an additional fee. We will deduct the consular fee from your invoice as our visa specialists cannot accompany your to the visa centre. Please do not worry, the submission process is very straightforward and you will have all your documents verified by us. In the unlikely event that modifications are required, the local staff will be able to help you. The all speak fluent English.
- The original passport with at least 2 blank pages for visas (passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your intended departure from Russia).
- One copy of the Russian visa application form completed online. All our customers receive detailed guidance notes how to complete the forms.
- Colour photo 3.5 cm by 4.5 cm taken against a light background (white or off - white).
- If you are not a UK national:
- UK residence permit - a confirmation of residence status in the UK. You must provide a residence card issued by the Home Office proving your settled or pre-settled status. If you do not have a physical card you can make a print out from the Home Office website confirming your status and notarise this document. Currently the Russian embassy does not accept proof of address in the UK as confirmation of your residence (recent utility bill, bank statement, letter from your employer confirming your employment in the UK). Prove your status on the Home Office website;:
- medical insurance for EU citizens, Switzerland, Iceland, Norway and China. Arrange insurance online.
- If you are self employed, student or in an early retirement, additionally you will need to provide bank statements for the last three months.
- Traveling with children under 16 years old - your child’s full birth certificate.
RUSSIAN NATIONALS / ADOPTED FROM RUSSIA
- Russian citizens with expired passports. Visas cannot be issued. You must enter Russia with your valid Russian passport.
- Children born to parents who both are Russian citizens, automatically gain Russian citizenship, regardless of the place of birth. Visas cannot be issued. You must apply for Russian nationality and obtain a Russian passport.
- Adopted from Russia: the Russian authorities consider you a Russian citizen and you must enter Russia with your valid Russian passport. Visas can only be issued if you provide a document confirming renunciation of your Russian nationality. If you do not have this document, please contact the local Russian Embassy for your nationality checking service. It can take up to 6 months to get a response.
We invite you to discuss any Russian visa issues on our travel forum
where our community and moderators are ready to help with any visa queries you might have.