The following list is comprised of equipment and items which are either essential or beneficial for most travelers who visit our active holidays in Russia in winter - snowmobile and dog-sledding trips.
You may experience severe conditions with night temperatures around -20C. It is vital to bring the correct equipment as listed below. Your guide will check that everyone has proper equipment and clothing before a trip leaves.
- Light weight underwear: 2 pairs.
- Pile jacket and pants: 300 fleece with full side zips.
- Down jacket: expedition weight with hood. Needs to fit over all insulation layers. Must be windproof. Gore-Tex shell top and bottom: full side zips and bibs recommended.
- Pile gloves: 2 pairs, expedition weight.
- Pile Mitts and Gore-Tex or Windstopper over mitts: 1 pair. Hand warmer (optional).
- Neoprene face mask (optional).
- Glacier glasses: 100% UV and IR, must have side covers.
- Thermarest pad (optional).
- Gore-Tex socks.
- Swiss Army knife.
- Thermos flask: 1 litre, metal.
- Sunscreen: SPF 40 large tube.
- Lipscreen: SPF 40, at least 2 sticks.
- Personal first aid kit: Aspirin, Moleskin, Adhesive tape, Elastoplast, Band-Aid, etc.
We do not recommend taking large suitcases as it will be difficult to carry them on a snowmobile sled. Better take soft bags for your luggage.